Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Barbara Rose Johnson #93408
This Judge is NO LONGER A JUDGE
Barbara Rose Johnson #93408
License Status: Active
Address: PO Box 43515, Los Angeles, CA 90043-0515
Phone: Not Available | Fax: Not Available
Email: Not Available | Website: Not Available
License Status, Disciplinary and Administrative History
All changes of license status due to nondisciplinary administrative matters and disciplinary actions.
Date License Status Discipline Administrative Action
11/12/1980 Admitted to the State Bar of California
Johnson, 66, whose last actual day on the bench was Aug. 21, will use up available vacation days and officially retire on Sept. 30.
Highlighting Johnson’s career on the bench was serving as presiding judge of the Superior Court’s Appellate Division.
She was appointed to the Los Angeles Municipal Court on Oct. 22, 1993 by then-Governor Pete Wilson, and became a Superior Court judge in 2000 through trial court unification. Johnson was an assistant city attorney in Inglewood at the time of her appointment.
A graduate of California Western School of Law, she was president of the Inglewood District Bar Association in 1988 and president of the Black Women Lawyers of Los Angeles in 1993.
Johnson did not respond to a request for comment on her plans and reflections.
Effective November 12, the Probate Division at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 N. Hill Street, Los Angeles, will implement the following changes:
Judge Ana Maria Luna will be reassigned from Department 79 to Department 11. All cases assigned to Department 11 will be reassigned to Judge Luna for all purposes. She replaces Judge Barbara R. Johnson who retired from the Court on September 30.
Commissioner Mary Wickham will be assigned to Department 79. All cases assigned to Department 79 will be reassigned to Commissioner Wickham for all purposes unless otherwise ordered transferred to Department 11.
CA Bar #: 93408 (November 1980)
Appointed By: Gov. Peter Barton Wilson
NOW AT ADR Century City creating injustices
Barbara Johnson (California)
Superior Court of Los Angeles County
California Western School of Law
Barbara Johnson was a judge of the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. She served from 2000 to 2020. She retired from the court on September 30, 2020.
Johnson ran for re-election for judge of the Superior Court of Los Angeles County in California. She won in the primary election on June 5, 2018.
Hon. Barbara R. Johnson retired from the Los Angeles Superior Court in 2020 after 27 years on the bench. She enjoyed a distinguished judicial career as a respected trial judge with an uncompromising approach to legal adjudication, with assignments in Probate, the Appellate Division, and the Criminal Department. Her lifelong commitment to promoting justice and making decisions based on fairness and reason now extend to her work as a Mediator, Arbitrator, Referee, and Private Judge with ADR Services, Inc.
For the last several years of her judicial career, Judge Johnson served in a Probate Court assignment, drawing upon her prior experience as a probate lawyer to oversee a wide range of matters, including breach of fiduciary duty, contested conservatorships, contested guardianships, trust and estate accounting disputes, contested real property transfers, trust contests, trust administration disputes, and will contests. She presided over pretrials, trials, and the fees, accountings, motions, and discovery associated therewith. In addition, she participated in numerous settlement conferences and was instrumental in helping the parties negotiate mutually beneficial agreements for the resolution of their disputes.
Prior to her judicial appointment, Judge Johnson began her legal career as a sole practitioner handling probate, family law, landlord tenant, and criminal matters. She then joined the City of Inglewood as a Deputy City Attorney and later as an Assistant City Attorney. She remained there until her appointment to the bench in 1993.
Judge Johnson is a graduate of Yale University and California Western School of Law.
Ask a victim of this judge about here tactics and lack of honor
- Corrupt Judge Theresa R. McGonigle
- Corrupt Judge Ariadne J. Symons
- Corrupt Judge Armen Tamzarian
- Corrupt Judge Aviva K. Bobb
- Corrupt Judge Barbara R. Johnson
- Corrupt Judge Brenda J Penny
- Corrupt Judge Brian Lamb
- Corrupt Judge Bruce F. Marrs
- Corrupt Judge Candace J Beason
- Corrupt Judge David A. Mason
- Corrupt Judge David J. Cowan
- Corrupt Judge David Yaffe
- Corrupt Judge Deborah L. Christian
- Corrupt Judge Elizabeth A. Lippitt
- Corrupt Judge Gregory Wilson Alarcon
- Corrupt Judge John T. Laettner
- Corrupt Judge John W. Ouderkirk
- Corrupt Judge Jose I. Sandoval
- Corrupt Judge Joseph DeVanon
- Corrupt Judge Joshua D. Wayser
- Corrupt Judge Kevin C. Brazile
- Corrupt Judge Luna Ana Maria
- Corrupt Judge Mary Thornton House
- Corrupt Judge Michael R. Powell
- Corrupt Judge Mitchell L. Beckloff
- Corrupt Judge Morris D. Jacobson
- Corrupt Judge Patrick T. Madden
- Corrupt Judge Paul Boland
- Corrupt Judge Randolph M. Hammock
- Corrupt Judge Reva G. Goetz
- Corrupt Judge Scott M. Gordon
- Corrupt Judge Stanley Blumenfeld
- Corrupt Judge Steven C. Bailey
- Corrupt Judge Tamara E Hall
- Corrupt Judge Thomas Long
- Corrupt Judge Watkins Shirley Kay
- Corrupt Judge William P. Barry
- CORRUPT ELDORADO COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT LOS ANGELES COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT MARIPOSA COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT ORANGE COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT RIVERSIDE COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SACRAMENTO COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SAN DIEGO COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SANTA BARBARA COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SANTA CLARA COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT SHASTA COUNTY JUDGES
- CORRUPT VENTURA COUNTY JUDGES
Last Updated on 02/08/2022 by AS