Marilyn Weeks Sweet Court Victim
Clark County Probate Court Audit Underway
Stephen Paddock’s brother in court during Las Vegas probate hearing
Bid by B.B. King’s daughter to get his medical records is denied
Las Vegas shooting victim’s family seeks $45M from gunman’s estate
Sean M. Tanko has been named as the probate commissioner for the Eighth Judicial District Court of Nevada. He is expected to join the court by June. He replaces former Probate Commissioner Wesley Yamishita who retired in November 2021
A Henderson woman says she’s willing to serve as the administrator of Stephen Paddock’s estate.
Donna VanOrman-Wasano made the surprise announcement just before the start of Friday morning’s court hearing.
VanOrman-Wasano doesn’t have a connection to any of the victims, or to Paddock, but says she’s offering her services as a way to help the victims.
ommissioner Wesley Yamashita took no action, and scheduled a new hearing date in December, before a district court judge.
Eric Paddock, Stephen’s brother, was also present in court, but didn’t speak during the hearing.
Stephen Paddock’s heirs have indicated the estate, estimated to be worth $5 million, should be distributed to victims of the Route 91 concert shooting.
By moving the Paddock’s probate hearing to Dec. 7, anyone who has a vested interest in Paddock’s estate, will be able to make an objection before an administrator is named.
Paddock died without a will, according to court documents.
A probate court commissioner in Las Vegas denied a bid Friday by one of B.B. King’s adult daughters to obtain the late blues icon’s medical records from an executor who she alleges mishandled her father’s finances and health before he died.
Patty King can use her position as a party in ongoing probate proceedings to subpoena the records she wants, Clark County Family Court Commissioner Wesley Yamashita said. He said he didn’t need to issue a court order.
Brent Bryson, attorney for B.B. King’s estate, told the judge that Patty King was fishing for evidence to support false claims the musician’s longtime business manager and power-of-attorney, LaVerne Toney, looted his accounts and hastened his death on May 14 at age 89. Toney is now executor of the estate.
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) presents
a CLE seminar produced by Rob Telles, Esq. of the CCBA CLE Committee
Things You Have Wanted to Ask the Probate Commissioner – CLE Seminar – December 10, 2019
Bar members are invited to submit questions for discussion at the live event.
Please send questions for the Commissioner’s consideration for discussion at the live event to do****@cl************.org ASAP.
- Speaker: 8th Judicial District Court Probate Commissioner Wesley Yamashita
- Course Description: Bar members are invited to submit questions for discussion at the live event. Please send questions for the Commissioner’s consideration for discussion at the live event to do****@cl************.org ASAP.
- When: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 – 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Clark County Public Administrator’s Training Room, 515 Shadow Lane, Las Vegas
- Offer: 2.0 General CLE Credit for Nevada lawyers
- Attendance fees:
- Live event: $50 per CCBA member; $90 per non-member; or $FREE per CCBA CLE Passport (2019) Holder
- Recorded event: $70 for choice of format: Audio (.mp3) or Video (.mp4). Delivery (via e-mail) to take at least 2 weeks after live event.
- RSVP Deadline: 12/9/2019. Seating will be limited to persons who register in advance with the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA).